Well, its a pretty vague theory I'm afraid, but at the end of TP we see Zant do his neck breaky thing which appears to kill Ganondorf. But where was Zant doing this from?The answer:
The Great Void. Yes, I just created my own little world. Not as safe and snuggly as the one I'm used to...
Anyway, the GV is a hitherto unknown realm with only two possible ports of entry, the first being through death and the second being through the Four Sword.This could clear up:
- Ganon's recruitment of Vaati come FSA
- The possibility of Ganon making his way to the Sacred Realm through a breach between the Great Void and the Sacred Realm, after FSA Link trapped him in the Four Sword. (In essence, the seal of the Sages was still in tact come LttP).Chronology of events:
- FS (Vaati locked in the Four Sword/Great Void)
- TP (Zant and Ganondorf sent to the GV following their demise)
- TP-FSA (Ganondorf and Vaati meet, Ganondorf gains control of Vaati)
- FSA (Vaati defeated, Ganon sent back to the GV)
- FSA-LttP (Ganon discovers a breach between the GV and the SR)
Yeah, Ganon could've gone straight to the SR when he was in the GV the first time but er... Figured toying with Vaati would be more fun. When that failed, he had to dig further to break free and achieve his goal.
It's a long shot and my LttP knowledge is a bit rusty- hence I'm playing through again- but I figured I'd get this idea out in the open for you all to mull over as a certain Timeline Glossary
refreshed this theory of mine. It's better than a fourth Triforce piece, right?