What follows is a basic guide to the acronyms which you will find within these forums and others in the Zelda Community. New? Confused? Read on.The GamesLoZ
- The Legend of Zelda (aka THF- The Hyrule Fantasy)AoL
- Adventure of LinkALttP
- A Link to the PastLA
- Link’s AwakeningOoT
- Ocarina of Time (Also: OoT 3D - Ocarina of Time 3D (for Nintendo 3DS)MM
- Majora’s MaskOoA
- Oracle of AgesOoS
- Oracle of SeasonsFS
- Four SwordsTWW
- The Wind WakerTMC
- The Minish CapFSA
- Four Swords AdventuresTP
- Twilight PrincessPH
- Phantom HourglassST
- Spirit TracksSS
- Skyward Sword
Note: It is possible (and accepted) on occasions to reduce ALttP, TWW and TMC to simply LttP, WW and MC respectively.Side-GamesAST
- Ancient Stone Tablets (a 2nd Quest for ALttP released on the BS-X system)LCT
- Link's Crossbow TrainingTingle RPG
: Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy RupeelandOther Acronyms
These are a few other little things which get batted about from time to time.B&C
- Ball & ChainHMS
- Happy Mask SalesmanHoL
- Hero of LegendHoT
- Hero of TimeHoW
- Hero of WindsIW
- Imprisoning WarKoRL
- King of Red LionsMS
- Master SwordSW
- Seal War (Alternate term for IW)ToC
- Triforce of CourageToP
- Triforce of PowerToW
- Triforce of WisdomToT
- Temple of TimeCD-i
- Not an abbreviation, but another console and home to three other (horrific and unofficial) Zelda games
. If you feel the urge to address these games, knock yourself out...FoE
- Faces of EvilWoG
- Wand of GamelonZA
- Zelda's AdventureOther
Finally, in accordance with the rules of
, I will add the following notes to this thread so no more nastiness of this sort will be seen.
- Ganon not Gannon.
No double "n". Although it was present in the opening to LoZ, this spelling has been retconned in all other games to feature Ganondorf and his beast like form Ganon.
- Adventure not Adventures... of Link.
As you'll have seen above, AoL stands for Adventure of Link. It was a single adventure, okay?
- Link is the Hero, Zelda is the princess.
Newbies confuse this all the time. "Oldies" die a little every time they see it.
If anyone can think of any more terms which they believe should be added to this thread, please post them below and they will be added if need be.