And how ridiculous is this thread going to make us all look next December?
Okay, so it's November, but I'm home for Thanksgiving, which means I have a lot more free time to make posts like this. So how did we all do? Let's see...Correct! Predictions
- Zelda Wii trailer shown at E3 with a 2011 release date Okay, this was a pretty safe guess.
- A game we haven't seen a trailer for (not Zelda) will be the big holiday title Donkey Kong it is.
and I want a black wii to go with my new black wiimote. ^_^
Not a prediction, but close enough.
-For the first time in a long time, the Wii core gamer will be satiated."Close Enough" Predictions
Haven't heard much complaining this year.
-Some DS swan songs will come out, like Golden Sun 3 and some new Mario game, or something
I'd say that Pokemon counts as "a new Mario game, or something"
-Natal gets new, arguably dumber name
-Mostly caters to casual audience
-The Xbox is slimmed down with new price configurations to compete with the PS3
-Some new gaggle of stupid features arrive on Xbox Live This one's pretty subjective.
-iPad doesn't attract gamers
- Galaxy 2 releases in summer, Other M in fall A month off with each.
- More colours: Those candy pink and baby blue remotes will surely be joined by matching consoles at some point. New colors arrived, but not the ones you predicted.
- Zelda Wii: Will get an airing at E3, leave people stunned as it features the return of brunette Link. Not exactly sure how serious this prediction was.
- Galaxy 2 in April/May. Other M in /SeptemberOctober. Pikmin 3 December. 2 out of 3, sort of.
- No More Heroes 2, Red Steel 2, Epic Mickey and Sin & Punishment 2 will be critically acclaimed, but fall flat when it comes to sales. Too early to tell about Epic Mickey.
- Scribblenauts sequel: Improved controls, broader word database, better interaction. Releases alongside a Wii version. No Wii version, but the sequel was well received.
- Ace Attorney sequel: As awesome as Edgeworth's adventures will be, the world is crying out for more from Phoenix or, if we have to, Apollo. Wasn't the game you were expecting, but...
- Sony's wands will cost an arm and a leg. And the other arm, rendering the wands useless to a world of amputees. It's expensive, but not that expensive.
Oh, Zelda will be revealed at E3 with a horrifyingly amazing plot twist that will frighten small children away from the series. The plot twist was its graphics.
As for the long-term stuff, if we get a wii HD we'll probably get a wiimote/wiimotion+ hybrid for 65-70 bucks here in the states. Didn't accompany a Wii HD, and it's not that expensive, but the Wii Remote Plus most definitely exists now.
"Somewhere Between Right and Wrong" or "Too Early to Tell"Predictions
-Nintendo will get stronger third party support, end of rail shooters I'd argue that Tatsunoko, Monster Hunter, and Epic Mickey qualify for this.
-Red Steel 2 will outsell Red Steel 1 and prove that time and effort can make for a good third party Wii game. Reviewers seemed moderately pleased with it.
-Nintendo will discuss a replacement for the DS between E3 and next year It started before E3.
-PS3 will continue to outpace Xbox worlwide, but won't catch up to Wii I believe it's come pretty close.
-PSPGo! Discontinued some time in late 2010 Not discontinued, but there was a price drop last month.
-Very little is discussed about the future of the PSP There's been bits and pieces of discussion going around.
-Call of Duty jumps the shark If those "space marines" rumors are true, then yes.
-SquareEnix announces next in Kingdom Hearts Not KH3, but there's a 3DS game in development.
- A piece of software named "Wii ____" will be revealed at E3, with Vitality Sensor capabilities. Release date will be "Holiday 2010," but the game will actually release in mid-fall. The internet will not be pleased.
Wii Party was revealed at E3, didn't have Vitality Sensor capabilities, and wasn't talked about on the internet much at all.
- Wii HD will not be seen, but speculation about it will grow until a good portion of the internet is certain that it will be seen in 2011.
People have been too distracted by the 3DS to worry too much about a Wii successor.
- Okamiden will be the most sensational DS game made, outdoing Spirit Tracks as the original bested Twilight Princess three years ago. Didn't come out this year at all.
- Natal will impress in some respects, but disappoint in others. Voice recognition to be the major downer, Milo to continue terrifying all.
-In addition to the current linep, there will be one major casual game announced, probably incorporating the Vitality Sensor and one major core game, from Nintendo. Either from Project Sora or Retro Studios.Wrong, Wrong, Wrong Predictions
No Vitality Sensor, but we got both Project Sora and Retro's game.
-Michael Patcher will keep ranting about the non-existant Wii HD well into next year
I haven't been paying attention to this.
-DS slows down in sales towards the end of the year
- Natal has struggle finding an audience at $199 sale price, despite being bundled with Wii-Sports Style Game
-The imput delay Iwata discussed will come back to haunt them
-That 10-15% precent CPU usage kills Natal's core games.
-Natal finds success in some respects, but doesn't grant the 360 a new lease on life
-Wii to PS3 ports make PS3 owners groan
-PS3 to Wii ports makes everyone groan
-WoW Cataclysm sells like hotcakes
- A Pikmin 3 trailer will be shown sometime during the year with a release date of Q1 2011
- Sakurai's game will not be seen or heard about throughout the entire year
- "Hardcore" Wii gamers will complain that they're not being catered to.
Maybe it's just because I've stopped reading IGN's comment sections, but I haven't heard the term "hardcore" much at all this year.
-Too much of Nintendo's E3 conference will be dedicated to the Vitality Sensor, which will go down in history as the worst peripheral ever.
Whatever happened to the Vitality Sensor, anyway?
Wha...you haven't heard the news? There's an entire second Pokémon gen being planned for the system. I don't think it's going anywhere soon.
Well that was fun. I might do this again next month or in January.