Home Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: CONFIRMED: Ocarina of Time 3DS  (Read 12623 times)
Offline JordAnime

Jordan's the name, Anime's the Game

« #140 on: June 27, 2011 »

Majora Master Quest would need to be developed by either Grezzo (which might not turn out well) or EAD (which would delay the arrival of a proper 3DS Zelda)

With the way Zelda games have been turning out these days it might not turn out that great if EAD develops it either...I mean I haven't played a Zelda game that matched Majora's Mask for quality since, well, Majora's Mask...and I only played Majora's Mask for the first time two years ago. 

Offline hisak

Sage of Shadow

« #141 on: June 27, 2011 »

Well that's all subjective, but I have zero faith in Grezzo to make good dungeon redesigns. But you're sort of right, in that the Zelda team isn't the same team they were eleven years ago. It would probably be jarring to have dungeons designed in 2011 replace dungeons designed in 1999-2000. A straight port (with a better save system, thanks) is probably the way to go.
Offline JordAnime

« #142 on: June 27, 2011 »

I think Majora's Mask chalks up enough difficulty without the need for a Master Quest.  But in lieu of that, it'd be nice to see some bonus content, perhaps Fierce Deity Link outside of dungeons, and I'm sure there was a lot left on the cutting room floor for Majora's Mask, so maybe EAD can open up the Nintendo vaults and pull out some of that deleted content. 

I was thinking of a couple things that would help with Majora's Mask's sometimes frustrating system.  Having the option to save at any given time I think would be necessary for a handheld system, especially the battery-devouring 3DS.  Also, simply putting the system to sleep helps augment saving frustration, so at the very least there's one positive if for some technical reason the save system isn't augmented. 

Being able to select at what point in the future you wish to travel when you play the song of double time would be handy, as opposed to having to play it four times sequentially to get to whatever point in time you wish to travel to would be nice.  An enhanced Bombers Notebook that you could easily correspond to such a time-selection system would also make a lot of the side-quests easier. 

Like Ocarina's  touch based inventory system, it'd be nice to have an extra hotkey or two, perhaps having the core masks permanently accessible would be nice, it'd also help clear inventory clutter.

My only fears with a remake would be Tatl...Navi is twice as annoying as she was in Ocarina with the insistence on taking breaks and consulting those stupid hint videos, and also I noticed Navi is way more of an interrupter than Tatl ever was. 

With Tatl you have the benefit of her just jingling when she wants your attention, then she also berates you when you look up monster information, and she barely tells you where to go or what to do, just gives you the vaguest direction and the rest is on you, which is what made Majora's Mask so great.  I'd hate to suddenly have Tatl telling me to take breaks, look into Shiekah Stones, and point me in the right direction when 90% of the fun in MM was just figuring out what to do next. 

And how about breaking out the orchestra for more than just the end credits?  I honestly don't get it.  Why give the graphics a total overhaul and leave the sound in the era of Titanic's synth choir?  You've got more than enough memory to work with.  I think Nintendo is just lazy and cheap sometimes...

Offline Hyruleansoldier

Twilight Dreamlander

The Paradox of Kirby: Suckage = Ownage ^_^

« #143 on: August 19, 2011 »

Can't go wrong with MM DS.  Granted, a Boss Battle mode would be less exciting since you already can re-do all the bosses (with your newly acquired items), you're just not timed for it.  But all bosses in a row would still be fun I guess (including MM"s incarnations?)

Does the OoT Boss Battle mode include Ganondorf or Ganon?  I guess not.  Do you get anything for beating all bosses after one another in a good time?  Which is a good time?  This is actually something I would like to work on, to get a respectable OoT 3DS file.  No one cares about the marathon racing times are such sidequests anymore, it's all about the Boss Battles ^^

Offline GamePunk429

GameDrunk

« #144 on: August 19, 2011 »

If they remade Majoras Mask on the 3DS it would be the reason I would buy a 3DS. It is still by far my favorite Zelda game, and the best IMO. It has the darkest most emotional storyline of any Zelda to date, as well as the most unique (Links Awakening following). It really is a gem in the Zelda series, as I feel that the formula that they have is starting to get old.

Majoras Mask remake for the 3DS = guaranteed purchase from this guy.

Offline Hyruleansoldier

Twilight Dreamlander

« #145 on: August 19, 2011 »

Many Zelda fans still complain about the saving system.  While I agree the GC collector's edition made it problematic, I didn't mind it much in my playthroughs.  Didn't even use the Owl Save much; you just gotta use the bank if you had rupees, and run around Hyrule Field a bit to stock up on arrows and bombs.  It was always a challenge trying to fit as many sidequests as possible into one 3-day window

Offline GamePunk429

GameDrunk

« #146 on: August 19, 2011 »

Not to mention the Anju and Kafei sidequest is still my all time favorite side quest of any video game.

Offline hisak

Sage of Shadow

« #147 on: August 19, 2011 »

Many Zelda fans still complain about the saving system.  While I agree the GC collector's edition made it problematic, I didn't mind it much in my playthroughs.

It's the opposite of intuitive. I understand what they were going for with it, but it's an incredibly glaring flaw and something that needs to be fixed if a remake happens. (I'd probably buy it either way.)
Offline JordAnime

« #148 on: August 21, 2011 »

I never had the GC collectors edition, but you should just be able to save at any time.  Worst case scenario, 3DS allows for auto-sleep mode, so battery life not withstanding, just fold the system up.  Eh, I'm sure they'll fix it for a remake, I think even Aonuma was talking about that being his "Water Temple" issue for a Majora's Mask 3D remake, and also that it needs more hand-holding for idiots that don't know how to use GameFAQs when they get stuck in a game.

Offline Hyruleansoldier

Twilight Dreamlander

« #149 on: August 21, 2011 »

They'd probably opt for a Gossip Stone "receive your visions here" kind of deal again.  All the major puzzles of OoT are captured in these, it's an easy fix for MM too, and you can ignore the entire vision deal altogether if you don't want to be spoonfed what to do.

Offline JordAnime

« #150 on: August 21, 2011 »

Believe me I did ignore them, it's just the principle of the thing. 

Offline Hyruleansoldier

Twilight Dreamlander

« #151 on: August 21, 2011 »

Good point about the sleep mode though, but the way the Owl Save system currently works is if you reset your game then you're taken back to the last time you saved using the Song of Time.

Actually one thing I discovered about messing around with Owl Saves is that, if you get Hot Spring Water and then go save at and Owl Statue, when you start again from the Owl Save your water instantly cools down.  What's significant about this?  That the game really doesn't want you to use the Owl Saves to save before anything that could potentially go wrong (so you could simply reset and try again).  With so many very time-specific events in the game, it would become all too easy to temporarily save before every "decision event", and then reset to do things differently.  The whole point of the game is that you make up your mind, and if you wanna do something differently, you do it in a different time loop;  It's no less enjoyable.  On the contrary, I would say.

Offline Hyruleansoldier

Twilight Dreamlander

« #152 on: August 31, 2011 »

Btw: The Boss Battle mode in the MQ version of OoT 3DS is more difficult, too, the double damage counts for this mode as well

Another hands on report.

Yep, I'll be working my way through MQ soon as well.  Just gonna take my time, as I'm still playing the DS games.

EDIT: holy crap, the Gauntlet is hard! (all 8 bosses after one another with very limited means of healing).

Check out this forum, with amazing times some people have for these bosses, wow!

And definitely check out this handy list of items in the chests (between boss fights in the Gauntlet).  Yes, usually the small chest is better, but there are other variables at play.  It's hard to decide whether it's worth to get the Longshot for Morpha.  But the Hover Boots are no luxury for Bongo Bongo ( and actually cut your time in the Morpha fight too)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011 by Hyruleansoldier » Logged

Offline hisak

Sage of Shadow

« #153 on: September 04, 2011 »

Just finished the Water Temple without much trouble. The guiding lights were a *big* help in making the dungeon more navigable. Of course, that I tried playing through it in multiple sittings the first time was probably a problem as well (I'd always forget where to go to change the water level in between sittings).

Morpha might be the boss that benefits most from 3D. It's almost worth letting yourself be picked up by it to see the effect at work.
Offline Be_yourself

Sage of Forest

« #154 on: September 04, 2011 »

I watched a bit of this game in 3D the other day...
I do not like the 3DS one bit, it has a tiny screen and it gave me a headache just from looking at it for the meagre amount of time i did.  I don't like handhelds in general, just because i like a bigger screen, but this was really bad.
Offline Hyruleansoldier

Twilight Dreamlander

« #155 on: September 05, 2011 »

Ah yes, I only got grabbed by Morpha in the Boss Battle mode (staying close to better reach the nucleus).

I finally finished the game last night.  You have to save right before delivering the final blow to Ganon so both Ganondorf & Ganon "visions" will be available and completed in the Sheikah Stone thing.  Then you should have unlocked all.

I started on MQ: Deku Tree is really hard with just 3 hearts.  LOTS of Gohma larvae, some killer bats...  And the 3 Deku Scrubs made me work for it.

Mirrored version is not so bad, knowing the game by heart it's easier to anticipate.  TP took me longer to get used to since the Wii version was the first one I played (and never again).  That's finally out of my system.  But it's going to get hard for the Water Temple and such places (although you better just look at the map to look which rooms you should try to visit next).

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up

Jump to: