Home Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't Ask Don't Tell Repealed  (Read 1209 times)
Offline Twilight Wolf

El Cid

Hylianized

« on: December 22, 2010 »

In case you've missed the news, Don't Ask Don't Tell has been repealed officially, as Obama has signed the repeal into law. What does everyone think? A step forward for the US, or will this ultimately hurt the strength of the US Military and hurt combat unit cohesiveness?

My thoughts: Ultimately this is a step forward for the US. There were times when it was thought allowing african americans into the US Military would hurt unit cohesiveness. Fortunately, times change and society grows out of its biases.

Quote from: "Duck and Cover" by The Donots
Duck and cover, they're out to get you, they're out to get you, and they're taking over, your block, your God, your country.  Duck and cover, they're gonna get you, gonna get you, but we got you covered, believe, be good, be one now
Offline Bidet to you sir

zim

« #1 on: December 22, 2010 »

http://www.theonion.com/articles/repeal-of-dont-ask-dont-tell-paves-way-for-gay-sex,17698/

For an up to date analysis

Also I enjoy that with this and the daily show, It's god damn proven that mccain is one of the biggest homophobes in congress.

Offline Big Tater

Zora

« #2 on: December 22, 2010 »

I think it's good for the military.  More people will sign up to join
Offline Bidet to you sir

zim

« #3 on: December 22, 2010 »

No it won't, at least not many, thats not the point, it's that gay people in the military already aren't going to be in constant fear of losing their job or being simply because of who they choose to love.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9d/Gay_vietnam_veteran_tomb.jpg
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010 by Matt Smith in a dress » Logged

Offline Akie

Sage of Shadow

« #4 on: January 02, 2011 »

WOOO times are a changin'!!  I can't stand another argument that gays shouldn't be allowed into the military because they're all weak and girly.

By witless
Offline Bidet to you sir

zim

« #5 on: January 03, 2011 »

Yeah, I mean come on, we only need to ban the twinks and the lipstick lesbians.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Jump to: